Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Overwatch- worth buying?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RazTutu, Jan 24, 2017.

1. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Hello everyone, I'm back again,

Lets talk about the game of the year 2016, overwatch. A lot of people are saying it's too expensive, it doesn't have a story mode or occasionally it's nothing unique. And of course you do have other less polished options available like Paladins.

Around a month ago I bought Overwatch and I have to admit that this game kinda deserves game of the year award in my opinion.

Why?
    A huge part because it's addicting, I played 3-4 hours every day and never got bored. Yes, it doesn't have a capaign but the story behind every champion is HUGE. Blizzard releases a new animated short video from time to time and they get more than 10 million views every time. I really hope they will make a movie.

They also have comics about characters. Awesome, right?
    So while I think a campaign would be pretty epic, we don't need this yet.

I also want to talk about game modes.

I can say from experience, you will never get bored. I have almost reached level 100 and still don't know anything about tactics and combinations. If you really want to get better you have to play, play, play and do research to get better. Its really an even trade off.

In conclusion: yes, it deserves game of the year 2016. I really feel if you play this game for more than 10 hours (which isn't hard) you will see why.
    I leave you with some overwatch songs:

2. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Orisa is the new champion in Overwatch. Fun to play but too strong. Hope she gets a nerf soon.
    Another animated short will appear probably next week

3. Kaidus

Kaidus Administrator Staff Member

I second this! Overwatch is worth buying 100%

I think a huge problem with Blizzard games is they explode in popularity to the point of being uncool. The Justin Beiber effect.

You also have a point about being addictive playing a huge role. Now I get that Blizzard probably did research to make the game the most addictive to us players, however some see this as a bad thing. Do people want to play a game that is not addicting.

This is the basics of game design and truth be told many games lack in this department.

One of the more valid reasons I've heard for why overwatch is not worth buying (at least for the PC) is because a supposed large ammount of auto-aiming hacks and cheats.
    auto-aim-hack---terminator-meme.jpg

This makes the game a harder choice when the upside to blizzard games is usually more ballanced and fair gameplay due to their constant patch updates.

The PS4 version naturally has less hackers.

4. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

There are not as many hackers as you think. Actually I played this game a lot and never saw one. Maybe that's because I play in EU region. I heard that in Asia they use cheats but from what I know, Blizzard took care of them.
    If you play with auto-aiming / hacks or whatever you will get hardware ban. That means you need to change the entire PC or the motherboard/network. It will not work if you buy the game again on the same computer you got banned.

5. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

A new story is available in Overwatch.
    Blizzard published their new comic "Binary". It's about Bastion, a little robot who forgot everything and now he has a passion for nature and things like this.
    A bird is his best friend. In this comic, he will meet Torbjorn, another character.
    Read it here:
    https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary

6. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

A new event will come in overwatch on 11 april. Blizzard didn't say a lot about this, but I think it will be a player vs environment map(like the halloween one). We will get a new skin for tracer or widowmaker and more story. Michael Chu, the story writer made a post on battle.net forum last month where he said that a lot of story is coming. A new comic will be also available and I will update this topic on that day.
    https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/848958308643885056

7. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

The new comic King's Row Uprising is out! It shows us more information about Overwatch's past. We see how they looked 7 years back in the story and a lot of other things. A new cinematic is expected to be available next weekend because the evelopers said that they were working a lot on this event.

8. Gamer Girl

Gamer Girl New Member

And here I have been clean for a couple weeks....all this might just get me to break my streak and dive back in.

When I played before I wanted PVE so bad, really starting to get the craving to go back in and see whats new.

9. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Aaaand the new event is out! You can play as Tracer, Reinhardt, Torb or Mercy in a mission that happened 7 years ago in the story. New things are out like an origin animated story and a new developer update. I will add the links here. You can also earn new Overwatch Origin Skins or Blackwatch Genji/McCree. I still didn't play it because the servers are down( at least in my country). I really hate this. It's been about 2 hours since the event started and the servers are down from the beginning.
    I think I will update the post after I play it(if they don't solve their problems today then I will be mad).

10. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

It is definitely a good mode. I felt like a Overwatch member for a minute. It still could have been better but they already gave us too much. I'm just sad that we didn't get a cinematic because they didn't upload one since november I think. Everyone loves this piece of work.
    I really like the skins we have the chance to get. I really want that Mercy Origin skin but I'll wait maybe I will get one from loot boxes. Otherwise I will buy it with gold.
    In my first loot I got a legendary for Torb(don't know if I should be happy or sad).
    It's a really good mode, go and try it on Hard/Legendary with your friends. It's worth the time.

11. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Terry Crews said that he will reveal something big at E3 2017. It may pe the next Overwatch hero, Doomfist. There was a lot of hype last months about that champion, but in the end we got Orisa. Overwatch anniversary will in May so there are a lot of things that could happen this summer. Meanwhile we can do the Uprising mission.

12. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

It's the last day for King's Row Uprising. Play more games to get loots or buy the skins you need because tomorrow the event will be over.
    You won't be able to play this new mode anymore.
    It was a good mode, it helped them to learn new things and I think they will finally make a short campaign with more events like this. I really wanted to see why reaper betrayed Overwatch but it looks like I will have to wait more.

13. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

There will be an anniversary event next week. We don't know what will happen but I am glad to be one of 30.000.000 players from this game. It is such a beautiful comunity. Way better than League of Legends. I really want a new cinematic. I hope they will add one because last time they uploaded a cinematic was when they launched Sombra.
    Anyway, here is their video:

14. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Hey there
    Let's see what's new in Overwatch. I didn't have a lot of time to play but I still read about it everyday because I fell in love with it.
    First of all, we have a new map: Horizon Lunar Colony - Winston's house. It looks very, very good but it feeld a little tooo big. It's perfect for flanking and very hard to defense on it.
    Blizzard showed us a new monkey in the lore(We know only his name - Hammond).
    You can see more in the video below:

We also got a new champion: DOOMFIST. Yea, every fan asked Blizzard to give us Doomfist. Terry Crews started this hype but in the end he wasn't selected to voice this champion :( I hope they will give him a champion in the future because Terry is a nice guy who loves to play this game.
    It's a little hard to play Doomfist, he is an offense hero who flanks and kills with his punch. It's available on PTR and we will have the chance to play him live soon.
    Meanwhile Overwatch accepted to make its story in anime style. See the video below:

15. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Doomfist is now available on the live servers. I tested him and it feels so good, I mean every time I punch someone with his fist it makes me feel that I actually did something great :)
    You can't play him in competitive for a week, and this was a clever move from Blizzard. We need to learn him first, because competitive is a place for serious players.
    A new highlight system is also available, if you make a memorable play and press f9(or the button you selected), that play will be saved into their servers and you can download it in 24h. Even if you have a bad PC, you can download it in 4K.
    This is one of the best things I ever saw :D
    Here's a play of mine with Doomfist: