Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

American Horror Story Hotel -- Let Down

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by Bonniekiller, Oct 13, 2016.

?

What was your favorite season of AHS?

1. Season 1 Murder House

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Season 2 Asylum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Season 3 Coven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Season 4 Freak Show

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Season 5 Hotel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. They are all bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bonniekiller

Bonniekiller Member

[​IMG]
    So I gotta say, the first time I watched the very first season I was just confused...and strangely enticed. Subsequent seasons proved to be just as alluring and addicting and I was shocked to see so many other people online who were taking the show so seriously.

When I saw Freak Show I loved the ending, it just pulled the whole thing together in the strangest of ways. But it worked! I liked it!

I just finished watching Hotel and I am just left wanting more. Gaga was ok, I didn't really think that the character was that great (maybe they did that on purpose so as not to strain her limited acting skills?) so she played her part ok I thought. Boring, emotionless vampire queen who, shocking!, actually does have some emotion.

[​IMG]

Most of the other characters were pretty good, I liked Liz and was curious what they were going to do with the cop. I actually even liked the Ten Commandments Killer mystery. I wanted everyone to get ripped apart by what they feared most. I loved that the ghosts have to suffer for eternity (as far as I could tell) but then they even give Sally #sponse Instagram and make her happy!

[​IMG]
    What bothered me was that in the middle if felt insane and rather than just jumping off the insanity cliff and making it super epic and crazy...it got toned down and had a somewhat happy-ish ending? I wanted to finish the season and feel sick and weird, it's American Horror Story! I shouldn't feel ok after I watch it! The show was so creepy in the beginner, I was watching it home alone and it was creepy, and then they make all the dangers controllable and rational. Where is the fun in that?

american-horror-story-hotel-mattress-man__oPt (1).jpg

Hopefully the next one is going to be better, I'll find out months after everyone else when it comes to Netflix and hopefully it will be worth the wait.

american-horror-story-season-6-bones.jpg

2. Thiago

Thiago Member

I heard a lot about this series and several of my friends were watching and commenting on how good it was. At first i was a little hesitant to watch it, i'm not a big horror fan, but I decided to give American Horror Story a chance.
    American Horror Story is a series that surprised me so much.
    I've only watched seasons 1-3 so far and for me the first one was the best season out of the three.
    I really recommend this series if you haven't watched it, i'm going to start watching season 4 and hopefully it's as good as the first 3 seasons.