Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Art Concepts for Game -- Commission?

Discussion in 'Visual' started by Bonniekiller, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Bonniekiller

Bonniekiller Member

So I have an idea for a game that I would like to make and have been trying to draw up how I want it to look. The only problem is I am not the greatest artist so it keeps looking nothing like what I am going for.

Is it worth the time/effort/money to try and find an actual artist to help me with concept designs? I have some money saved so I could potentially pay an artist but I am obviously trying to keep costs as low as possible, is it worth the money or are there any chances of finding someone to just help me out a bit on the side or even partner with me on the project or should I just stick with my horrible sketches?
  2. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Could you give me more information about this game?
    I'm not an artist but I can give you some websites where you could find one for free
  3. Bonniekiller

Bonniekiller Member

What I have so far is a main female protagonist, assisted by a small group of friends at times, and in a sort of medieval type town. There is some sort of strange curse on the town and she has to figure out how to stop it because she is the most able person in the town (rest are generally older and need to keep working to stay alive, make money, etc) She basically has to leave the town and journey to this religious building, there she finds that the leaders who are supposed to be protecting everyone are actually the ones causing the curse. She has to fight them to save the town. That is all pretty generic in my opinion, the unique idea is this. That creepy feeling you get when you're home alone, or walk up the stairs and it seems like someone is behind you, or have you ever wondered what is just out of site? What if there was something following you all the time but it was so fast that no matter how quickly you turned your head it would move out of sight? That creepy sensation of something following you that you cannot escape, or see, is what I really want to capture and that is the curse that she has to overcome and defeat. Definitely horror type feel. I have worked on writing the story before and thought making it a game would be cool, although it would take a while to even get the basic layout of the game done, having the art would definitely help, and it could tie the story and the game together.