Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Best/Worst Indie Game You've Played

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bonniekiller, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Bonniekiller

Bonniekiller Member

I just played Life is Strange and it was pretty fun, only got through the beginning so have a ways to go yet but it wasn't quite as good as I heard from some people and that got me thinking...

The year is almost over and almost nothing is ever as good as it seems when you first hear about it, I have been let down a lot by games (indie and otherwise). So...

What has been your favorite game of 2016 or the worst/most disappointing?

What made you like it or get disappointed?

2. Gamer Girl

Gamer Girl New Member

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite but I know what was the most disappointing!

Pokemon Go!

There is so much about that app that I cannot stand. Mostly I just feel let down because it seems that they only did the most basic job, didn't try to really incorporate anything really unique or cool for the users/fans, and just took the easy way out and relied on the brand name to sell it. I know that it didn't need to be really good to get people to play it (me included) but I didn't keep playing it for very long and I wish they had gone above and beyond with it to make if fun for more than a few weeks.

3. Thiago

Thiago Member

I think the best indie game i played is Limbo.
    It really surprised me, really passed my expectations, i thought it was a really interesting and fun game.
    The only problem with the game is that it's too short, you'll probably finish the game in about 4 hours, but it's still a great game!

[​IMG]

And the worst indie game in my opinion is Mighty No. 9, just because it was so disappointing.
    It was suppose to be a spiritual successor to Mega Man, but turned out to be a boring and an absolutely forgettable game. It did not meet my expectations.

[​IMG]

4. Bonniekiller

Bonniekiller Member

I kinda agree with Pokemon, it was hyped up a bit too much in my opinion.

I saw a trailer for limbo and thought it looked awesome (and creepy which I love), too bad it's so short! :(
    I feel like the megaman one is kinda like pokemon, fans got their hopes up and it is hard to live up to. Too bad cause the original megaman is a cool game.

5. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Did you finish the game? The last episode will probably make you cry