Dismiss Notice
If you login with Facebook and you can submit your game to our link directory for extra exposure. heh? nudge - nudge

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Thiago, Mar 19, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

1. Thiago

Thiago Member

Got to play this classic Gamecube game this week!

[​IMG]

Eternal Darkness reminded me a lot of Alone in the Dark, the game that inspired Resident Evil.
    Eternal Darkness was one of the most delayed games in History. Produced by a newcomer company, the Canadian studio Silicon Knights, they were unable to get the game ready for the Nintendo 64, in which it would originally be released. At E3 2001, the game appeared completely ported to the then-new GameCube. In September of 2002, Eternal Darkness finally arrives at stores.

[​IMG]

Basically the story follows in the footsteps of a young girl named Alex Roivas, who on discovering the death of her grandfather, visits his former residence in Rhode Island for the real reasons of what happened.

In the mansion, she finds a book, written of flesh and blood, called The Tome of Eternal Darkness. In this book, she will find the story of each characters who have written in the book. As she reads a chapter, you'll play with a different character, and the gameplay is very unique!

[​IMG]

I recommend this game for anyone who wants a good scare, I actually got pretty scared playing through this, This game is available only on the Gamecube.

2. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

Indeed that game is very unique for 2002, but nowadays there are a lot of similar games with decent stories. I buy old games too in order to never forget my childhood. That game could get a remake for PC maybe, or Nintendo Switch. I think it will look awesome with 2017 graphics. From what I see on youtube, it looks very similar to Resident Evil and even Outlast.