Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Hammer Bees

Discussion in 'Finished Games' started by blackgrain, Sep 13, 2016.

1. blackgrain

blackgrain New Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. Kaidus

Kaidus Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting and welcome to Kaidus! We apologize if this review is a little critical or teasing, we just wanted to record our thoughts so you could see exactly what our impressions were. We covered a few suggestions that might help improve game sales as well, however I would say a better trailer will help the most at this point. One suggestion for that is start the trailer out by pulling the bee back and firing, this way people can see exactly what they will be doing in your game from the start of the trailer. The first 20 seconds of watching it I was a bit confused.

Thanks for sharing, we enjoyed playing it!

3. blackgrain

blackgrain New Member

Hi guys

Thanks for the in-depth review - and congratulations on being the first to actually do a public review of the game.
    Your review, although not what I was hoping for, is super valuable to me.

You've got quite a few valid points which I'll definitely look into implementing for a next update.

Now the single most important thing I'd like to do is to squash the "black rectangle / no-bee-graphic-in-introduction" -bug.
    Unfortunately it has never occurred on any of my beta-tester's devices :/

So if you could please answer me these questions I'd bee (hehe get it) a happy developer:

1. What exact iOS device did you play the game on?
    Specifically the device model is important (eg. iPhone 4,5,6)

2. Does the game have the same bug if you play it without recording video/audio from the device?

3. Does it behave the same after a full game restart?
    Consider the following a full restart:
    1. Pressing "Quit" from the game menu screen
    2. Starting the game again
    3. Go straight to level 21 via the level selection screen
    4. Touch the hive
    Doing the steps above - does the bug still occur?

Thank you for taking your time to do this review

Best regards
    Lars / Black grain Games

4. Kaidus

Kaidus Administrator Staff Member

We are very glad that you liked the review, it was a pleasure to do and thanks for giving us the opportunity. We were hoping that the criticisms would not discourage you so it is great to hear that you will be able to take the information and use it going forward.

To answer your questions:
    1. iPhone 5
    2. Yes, we first discovered it while just playing through the levels normally.
    3. Yes.

When we first got to level 21 all the bees were black. Each time we time we played the level fewer of them were until all of them were showing up fine and then once they all appeared they did not go back to being black squares. It seemed to be kind of on and off throughout the game play to be honest.

Hopefully this helps you out, thanks again for posting your game and letting us hammer with bees! :)

5. blackgrain

blackgrain New Member

Alright - I'll see what I can do. Thanks for answering the questions :)

6. George Maclean

George Maclean New Member

Very nice game. And about the review too i totally agree with everything that Kaidus was saying and suggesting. I personally think that it would be of very great benefit to you if you follow all the suggestions that they gave through that review. My question is that i wanted to know if i could download it from google playstore and is it for free or not, if not what is the price then... Thanks and looking forward to a reply....

7. blackgrain

blackgrain New Member

@George Maclean - thanks for your reply and interest!

I thought I actually submitted the prize and links originally - but it must've slipped some how :)

I've edited the top post to (hopefully) answer your questions :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  8. George Maclean

George Maclean New Member

@blackgrain - thanks for your reply. I just got it. And it is quite a nice game!