Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Shift’em Mania [Windows, Linux, Android]

Discussion in 'Finished Games' started by existical, Oct 17, 2016.

1. existical

existical New Member

Shift'em Mania is an amazing and fun tactical puzzle game with unique procedural generated levels where you play against AI or another Human

[​IMG]

Name: Shift’em Mania
    Genre: Logic, Tactical
    Release date: 2016
    Developer alias: Andrius Valkiunas (Existical Games)
    License: Free
    Platform: Windows, Linux, Android
    Download for Android: Google Play, Amazon Appstore or SlideMe
    Download for Windows / Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, etc.): itch.io

Your objective is to get your color balls to the bottom of a maze. Well, it's not quite as simple as it looks like. The level is filled with ramps, walls, black holes and your opponent doesn't give an easy time.

Block your opponent by pushing your color balls into strategic positions to stop him from doing the same to you. Use walls to your advantage and collect bonus score.

Think carefully before each move in order to make the best possible decision.

Accumulate Megapower bonus and destroy the obstacles.

Play against the computer opponent or another person. If you are self confident try to beat the computer at the Extreme level of difficulty as there will be no space for a mistake.

Every time you play Shift'em Mania it will provide you exciting, challenging and unique gaming experience due to procedurally generated levels which will never repeat.

Features
    • Unlimited addictive gameplay due to procedurally generated random levels;
    • Two game modes: Quick Game and Tournament;
    • Choose the number of balls: 15 or 30;
    • In tournament mode choose the gaming session length: 1 Round, 2 Rounds or 3 Rounds;
    • Each round implements its own unique features;
    • A large number of obstacles and power-ups;
    • 4 levels of AI difficulty: Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme;
    • Play against other person on the same device;
    • Beautiful high resolution graphics and amazing particle effects;
    • Amazing background music;
    • Hi-score and statistics;
    • Simple and easy-to-use controls;
    • Recommended for all ages!
    Game Video:

Screenshots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. Might just be my bad internet, however I wasn't able to get the file to download. I watched the video however, I love the concept of the arrows and being able to alter the puzzle, I could see this being very addictive. I feel it will really give the player the illusion that they are in control of the game.

Suggestions
    Not completely crazy about the graphics, mostly the lunar looking background. I realize it makes sense for the characters, however it feels like empty space if that makes sense. My eyes keep getting drawn to that spot in the corner and get lost.

One other suggestion would be usable power-ups. Perhaps one where you can kick the block hard and it goes through one of the arrow blocks, or another where it won't change the direction of the arrow. (these might not apply as I haven't got to play it yet)

Nice work, I'll probably try downloading this on a different computer later.

3. existical

existical New Member

Thank you for your comment. I'll think about adding more powerups/special features in the game. Of course apart of just implementing them, each one requires computer AI improvement so the CPU Player would be able to use them as well in order to take the advantage.

4. existical

existical New Member

Added Linux version for Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

5. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

I had a lot of fun playing this game with my sister :)
    I left a review on google play. It's a simple game with a nice soundtrack/gameplay, easy to play and hard to master
    What engine and language did you use?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. existical

existical New Member

Thank you for your comment on GooglePlay, saw it this morning! :) I use Game Maker Studio. It has it's own GML language which is very similar to C++ and Java.

7. existical

existical New Member

Shift Em Mania had been updated to the latest current version.
    Android: 1.0.20
    Windows: 1.0.7
    Linux (Debian/Ubuntu): 1.0.4

This version has following changes:
    + Added A,S,D controls for the devices with keyboard
    + Added statistics & hiscore for "Quick Game" mode
    + Added new soundtrack "Doobly Doo"
    + Some other minor improvements

I have also added new download locations in the thread header.