Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Life is strange

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RazTutu, Sep 10, 2016.

1. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

At first I didn't expected very much from this game. I saw on steam that episode 1 is free and I wanted to see if it's worth buying. And it was. The game plot focuses on Maxine Caulfield, a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment.

There is a trailer where you can see the graphic, mechanics etc. I don't want to spoil a lot, but the last mission will make you cry 100%. Maybe you don't trust me now. Fine. Just be sure to come back here when you finished the game and tell me what do you think. The soundtrack is epic. In my point of view the game wouldn't be the same anymore without this soundtrack. It's a mindblown game, it starts where it will finish and then you will go back in time. It is developed by Dontold Entertainment and published by Square Enix. It is available for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox one, and consists of five episodes released periodically throughout 2015. It won the BAFTA Games award for Best Story, the Peabody-Facebook Futures of Media Award and The Game Awards’ Games for Impact Award. Common criticisms included the slang that was used, poor lip-syncing in earlier episodes, and tonal inconsistencies in the story. It had sold one million digital copies by the end of July 2015. A digital series based on the game is being developed by Legendary Digital Studio and Square Enix.

Let's see some reviews wrote by happy players:

TowelieKills - "WARNING: Playing this game may cause emotional wreckage. Be prepared for all the feels"

Fherrea - "It is your destiny to play this game someday soon.
    someone will rewind time and make it happen so."

Fanny - "My favorite and the most beautiful game I've ever played. In spite of playing games full of action and competitive fighting, it has made me feel from softhearted tears to the amusement and pleasure of its story. I will never forget such masterpiece from the depth of my heart . As always, Square Enix amazes me without fail."

Aztek - "Like someone said: 'The gun must have missed Chloe and instead hit me right in the feels.'"

There are a lot of positive reviews, you can read more here http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

There are rumors about a season 2, and I will definitely buy it. We have to help the developers because it's an indie game and they don't have a lot of funds.

For me, the best episodes were 1 and 5( I chosed to save Chloe in the last episode[you will see what I'm talking about if you play the game]). Your choices will affect the story so be very carefull.

You can but the game from steam. There is a link here http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

If you are unsure, you can play episode 1 for free, and if you don't have enough money yet or you are still unsure, you could watch some youtube videos(I suggest pewdipie)

Let's summarize this review. Life is strange - a game that probably will make you feel empty and incomplete. You play as Max, a photographer, who has rewind powers and she can travel in time.

Tell me what do you think about this game.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. Thiago

Thiago Member

I really enjoyed this game! While playing it, it reminded me a lot about the walking dead telltale games, which i also liked a lot.
    I really liked the graphics on this game, looks really pretty. I played it on the Ps3.
    This is also a great game for trophy hunters or achievement hunters like me. it's really easy to get all the trophies and achievements. I'm currently almost getting the platinum for it, just need to finish up the collectibles.
    Like you i didn't expect much but i was really surprised of how good it was, i recommend this great game for everyone!