Dismiss Notice
Login with Facebook for a quick registration.

Limbo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RazTutu, Sep 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RazTutu

RazTutu Member

I think you already heard about Limbo, an indie game developed by Playdead( This studio made a similar game this year named Inside but I will make a separate post in the future :) )
    This game was free before Playded launched Inside and I downloaded and played it.
    What did I feel when I was playing this game? Well, It's my type because it's darker, the soundtrack is calm, empty, hollow( a lot of similar words :) ).
    Limbo is a 2D sidescroller, incorporating the physics system Box2D to govern environmental objects and the player character. The player guides an unnamed boy through dangerous environments and traps as he searches for his sister. The developer built the game's puzzles expecting the player to fail before finding the correct solution. Playdead called the style of play "trial and death", and used gruesome imagery for the boy's deaths to steer the player from unworkable solutions.

This game is avalabile on any device, a nice marketing strategy. You can play this on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux ,Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, iOS, Android, Wii U

Limbo's graphical and audio presentation were considered by reviewers as exceptional and powerful elements of the game. The monochrome approach, coupled with film grain filter, focusing techniques and lighting, were compared to both film noir and dreamlike tableaus of silent films, allowing the visual elements of the game to carry much of the story's weight.

It was a nice game and I can't wait to buy Inside :)

2. Thiago

Thiago Member

Man i loved this game! really enjoyed the style of the game and one of the game's differential is in the system of it's gameplay, the gameplay is simple yet addictive and challenging.
    The first thing that jumps out at you, and that is clearly different from almost all the other games is that Limbo does not exactly have an initial menu. We begin immediately with the game, they do not tell us how our character got there. What may seem bad at first glance, it turns out to be quite interesting, since we only realized our goal as we go through the game.
    This is one of the games I consider to be mandatory for those who enjoy challenging puzzles.

3. Gamer Girl

Gamer Girl New Member

I really liked this game as well. I thought it was too bad that they didn't keep it as creepy as the beginning was all the way through though, I loved the spider and I thought those weird little kids were gonna come back and they never did! The puzzles were fun though, some took me a while but not were that bad but just made me think in different ways. I also didn't get the ending, it felt way too fast and ended too abruptly, and I had to look up what the girl was doing lol. I like a really complete ending to my games though, as just a puzzle game it was a lot of fun.